We encourage you to use digital resources to connect with your loved ones in the hospital and to assist them in their care. Visitation or a kind note by friends and family can be an important source of support and comfort for our patients. In order to protect our patients, visitors and staff from the spread of COVID-19, we have limited the visitor policies at Monument Health facilities. Below are free resources that are available to use.
Text, Phone and Video Chats
How-To Tell If You Have An Apple or Android Device:
One of the easiest ways to tell what kind of phone you have is to look at the back. You may need to remove the phone case in order to see. If it says “iPhone” or you can see a picture of an apple with a bite out of it, then it’s an iPhone, which is an Apple device. If it isn’t an iPhone, then it probably uses Android.
FaceTime is a free app available on Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Mac/MacBook). It allows you to make video and audio calls with your loved ones who also have Apple devices.
- Instructions on how to download and use FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
- Instructions on how to download and use FaceTime on your Mac/MacBook.
- Video on how to use FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Jitsi Meet is a video conferencing platform that allows you to connect with your loved ones via video or audio call on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Jitsi Meet is available on Apple and Android phones, or any laptop or computer.
- Instructions on how download, setup, and use Jitsi Meet on your phone.
- Instructions on how to use Jitsi Meet on your computer or laptop.
- Video on how to use Jitsi Meet on your computer or laptop.
- Video on how to use Jitsi Meet on your phone or tablet.
Tools to Help Loved Ones with Care
MyChart Proxy Access
MyChart is a free, secure portal that provides the most up-to-date medical information available about you or your loved one’s Monument Health care. Parents, family members, legal representatives and other individuals may also obtain a MyChart account if they become authorized as a proxy to access a patient’s medical record for approved purposes.