Knowing how much you’ll have to pay for health services can make it easier to plan for heath care expenses. But estimating how much you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket can be complicated.
Monument Health is trying to make this process easier by giving you a tool that helps calculate how much you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket for common health care services.
Need Assistance? Please contact us 605-755-7500.
* Use of the MyChart price estimator tool does not create a request for or consent to a financial agreement with Monument Health for provision of medical services or procedures. This estimate is not a guarantee of final charges and you will be responsible for any additional costs or services not included in this estimate. An estimate is based on your insurance contract and benefits, medical condition, and any additional testing, procedures, or medication ordered by your physician. You may be billed separately for additional ordered services provided by other providers not employed by Monument Health. You will need to contact them directly if you have questions about the costs of their services.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have issued a mandate for all hospitals in the U.S. to post a list of standard charges online, to include the gross charge, discounted cash price and payer-specific negotiated rates. For Monument Health’s list of charges please click on the link below.Custer - Download Lead-Deadwood - Download Rapid City - Download Spearfish - Download Sturgis - Download
Some things to keep in mind:
- This list of charges does not represent a change in charges; we are simply posting our charges online.
- All Monument Health patients are charged the same for services. Many commercial and Medicare Advantage insurers negotiate lower allowable rates with Monument Health. While federal and state insurers (Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, VA, and IHS) set allowable rates for services. Allowable rates are the maximum rate that will be paid by the insurance and/or patient for a given service.
- South Dakota Association of Healthcare Organizations has a tool, the South Dakota Hospitals Charge Compare website, that can help patients research procedures or compare hospital costs.
- Effective July 1, 2023 A standard fee schedule will be followed to produce records/health information, including allowable fees as identified by federal, state, or local law or regulation. Please review the information fee schedule here.