As your community health care system, we are committed to providing comprehensive, high-quality health care for you and your family. We want you to be informed about the billing policies, procedures and services available to you.
Financial Assistance Policy — Plain Language Summary
Monument Health offers a Financial Assistance Program to patients who live in our service area that have healthcare needs and are uninsured, underinsured, or are not eligible for a government or any other insurance programs. Under Monument Health Financial Assistance policy, you may be eligible for a partial or full reduction of your bill.
Eligibility is based upon your total household size and income, when compared to the federal poverty guidelines. Verification of your household income is required to determine eligibility. Our patients must also apply for Medicaid, employer available insurance, Healthcare Marketplace Insurance, and any other available insurance offered, and be denied coverage.
To apply for financial assistance, you must complete a Financial Assistance Application form. Monument Health offers free copies of our financial assistance policy and application forms (see below). These forms are available in many languages upon request. We also have designated caregivers available to assist you through the application process.
The following options are available to obtain and submit the application.
- MyChart: With MyChart, you can securely apply for assistance through our online patient portal.
- Telephone: Call 605-755-7500 to request a copy be mailed to your home.
- In-Person: Any Admission/Registration or Emergency Department within any Monument Health Hospital or Clinic. To obtain a listing of physical addresses for our facilities, you can visit our Locations link. You may also contact 605-755-7500 for the address of a hospital or clinic.
You will not be charged more for emergency or medically necessary care than the current Medicare rates for the amount you owe. Monument Health will not engage in extraordinary collection activities, such as liens or garnishments, before making reasonable efforts to determine eligibility for Financial Assistance and a partial or full reduction of a patient’s billing.
- Financial Assistance Application
- Monument Health Charity Care Discounting Policy English v20221003
- Monument Health Plain Language Summary English v202009
- Attachment A – Charity Discounting Program Exclusions English v20221003
- Attachment B – Charity Discounting Program Definitions English v20221003
- Attachment C – Charity Discounting Program Service Area English v20221003
- Attachment D – Charity Discounting Program Sliding Payment English v02202023
- Providers covered by the Charity Care Discounting Policy
- Providers not covered by the financial assistance policy
- Declaracion de la Politica
- Monument Health Charity Care Discounting Policy Spanish v202009
- Monument Health Plain Language Summary Spanish v202009
- ATTACHMENT A – Charity Discounting Program Exclusions Spanish v202009
- ATTACHMENT B – Charity Discounting Program Definitions Spanish v202009
- ATTACHMENT C – Charity Discounting Program Service Area Spanish v202009
- ATTACHMENT D – Charity Discounting Program Sliding Payment Spanish v02202023
- Proveedores cubiertos por la política de descuentos de atención caritativa