Effective: March 25, 2020 7:00 a.m.
To protect patients and caregivers from the spread of COVID-19, Monument Health has implemented a “no visitor” policy for its hospitals, clinics and other facilities.
The following exceptions may apply:
- Labor-and-delivery patients may have one spouse/support person accompany them during their stay. No siblings allowed.
- Parents with children in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Pediatrics Department or the Emergency Department will be allowed to be with their child, one parent at a time.
- Patients in hospice care or receiving end-of-life treatment will be allowed special exceptions to the visitor policy. Please contact facility staff.
- Life-threatening emergencies will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you in advance for your understanding. Patient safety is our priority.
- Effective Monday, March 16, 2020: No patient deliveries will be allowed to Monument Health facilities until further notice. This includes floral/gift deliveries and food deliveries.
- Vendor access to Monument Health facilities is currently suspended, with the exception of those vendors that are essential for patient care and/or surgical procedures.
- Effective Monday, March 16, 2020: All volunteer programs will be suspended until further notice.
- Job shadows, unpaid internships and special student programs like Project SEARCH, are being suspended effective immediately.
For community questions:
South Dakota Department of Health Hotline (800) 997-2880 or visit covid.sd.gov.