UPDATED VISITOR POLICY Effective May 16, 2020, 7 a.m.
Because of the recent increase in COVID-19 cases in western South Dakota, Monument Health is returning to a no-visitor policy at all hospitals, emergency departments and clinics. The policy goes into effect Saturday, May 16, at 7 a.m.
The following exceptions apply:
- Labor-and-delivery patients may have one support person accompany them during their stay. No siblings allowed.
- Parents with children in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, the Pediatrics Department or the Emergency Department will be allowed to be with their child, one parent at a time.
- Patients in hospice care or receiving end-of-life treatment will be allowed special exceptions to the visitor policy. Please contact facility staff.
- Patients with special needs who need help communicating care plans can work with the patient care team to identify a single support person to be with the patient.
Patients are encouraged to use technology to stay in touch with their loved ones. Monument Health will assist patients with technology.
In addition, family and friends can send e-cards to their hospitalized loved one by visiting the Monument Health E-Cards web page. Your card will be printed in the hospital and delivered with the patient’s meal. Patients at all five Monument Health Hospitals, as well as the Orthopedic & Specialty Hospital, can receive cards.
Thank you in advance for your understanding. Patient safety is our priority.
Deliveries to Patients: Deliveries directly to patients inside Monument Health facilities are not allowed. However, family members can drop off personal comfort and care items for their hospitalized relatives. This includes mobile devices such as tablets and cell phones, personal items such as hearing aids and hair care products, reading materials such as books and magazines, food (according to prescribed diet) and flowers (in some departments). Family members should check with the patient’s hospital caregivers for the best times and appropriate materials.
- Vendor access to Monument Health facilities is currently suspended, with the exception of those vendors who are essential for patient care and/or surgical procedures.
- Food, floral and other gift deliveries for patients are able to be dropped off at the hospital main entrances. Family members are encouraged to check with the patient’s hospital caregivers for the best times and appropriate materials.
- Effective Monday, March 16, 2020: All volunteer programs will be suspended until further notice.
- Job shadows, unpaid internships and special student programs like Project SEARCH, are being suspended effective immediately.
For community questions:
South Dakota Department of Health Hotline (800) 997-2880 or visit covid.sd.gov.