Monument Health joined the Mayo Clinic Care Network in January 2020. This prestigious collaboration grants special access to Mayo Clinic’s extensive knowledge, resources and world-leading expertise. By working together with Mayo Clinic, Monument Health physicians and caregivers can provide patients with more of the care they need, close to home, at no additional cost to them.
At Monument Health, we will focus on delivering quality care while showing compassion to our patients, to each other and to our communities. We are taking the next steps in providing a stronger future and healthier communities for generations to come.
Monument Health physician resources available through Mayo Clinic Care Network
At the core of the Mayo Clinic Care Network is clinical collaboration. Mayo Clinic specialists work together with physicians, consulting and sharing resources to complement Monument Health’s physician expertise. Mayo Clinic Care Network members can connect with Mayo Clinic through growing list resources, including:
- eConsults. Providers within the care network can connect electronically with Mayo Clinic specialists and sub-specialists to ask questions about a patient’s care. The consultation is documented in the patient’s medical record. There is no additional cost to the patient.
- AskMayoExpert. This point-of-care tool gives providers access to Mayo-vetted information, including disease management protocols, care guidelines, treatment recommendations and reference materials. The information is available on desktop computers or mobile devices 24/7.
- eBoards. Members can observe and participate in live, interactive video conferences where Mayo multidisciplinary teams and network members discuss management of current complex cases.
- Inpatient Telephone Consults. An Inpatient Telephone Consult is an informal telephone conversation, provider-to-provider, regarding the treatment of a hospitalized patient that requires semiurgent to urgent intervention. There is no additional cost to the patient.
- Health Care Consulting. Network members can consult with Mayo Clinic experts in patient care, human resources, finance, and other administrative and operational areas. Members customize their own consulting plans to support their unique strategic priorities.
- Patient Education Library. Members have access to Mayo Clinic’s library of patient education materials, which includes 2,500 pieces in English and a select number in Spanish.
- Archived Mayo Clinic Grand Rounds. Presentations by Mayo Clinic providers and faculty address clinical care and health care delivery topics. Continuing medical education credit is available by viewing Grand Rounds offerings.