Each of us has the desire for comfort, care and support. When someone we love has a terminal illness, these desires become critical needs. When this happens, what we want most for our loved one is compassionate support and care that allows them to live their last days with dignity and without pain. These are the types of services that can be found in Monument Health’s Hospice House.
Since opening in 2007, our Hospice House has offered home-like amenities, care and comfort for patients and their families. Visits by family members and friends are welcome at the patient’s discretion. Patients can accept mail, flowers and Mylar balloons.
- Comfortable, private 24’ x 15’ rooms with a guest bed
- Gorgeous views – each room has a deck or patio and low windows offering beautiful views from the pillow
- Great room with fireplace and couches where family and friends can gather and relax
- Shared kitchen that family members can use; patients can also order meals off menus from Rapid City Hospital
- A guest room is available for families who wish to spend an evening at Hospice House
- Chapel and library open for reflection, reading or work
- Labyrinth and wooded peaceful areas for walking or sitting outside
- Complimentary wireless internet
- Round-the-clock care provided by registered nurses and aides
- Spa with side-entry tub or shower area
Hospice House provides three levels of care:
Acute care: The Hospice House provides 24/7 skilled nursing care for patients who are rapidly declining or where the medical condition requires skilled care.
Respite care: A five-day stay is available under Medicare, Medicaid and some insurance to allow family members a respite from caregiving.
Residential care: If hospice care at home isn’t possible, Hospice House provides residential care. Most insurance covers the hospice care at Hospice House. Patients are responsible for a $300 daily room and board cost.
What People Are Saying
I was so impressed with Black Hills Hospice House – the rooms, location, service and quality of care my Grandma received in her final days. The nursing and care staff were top notch and worked diligently to ensure my Grandma was well cared for, comfortable, and generally had everything she needed for a peaceful transition. I am so grateful for the entire experience and will undoubtedly cherish the days spent there forever.
I wouldn’t have wanted him cared for anywhere else. Your staff is caring, loving, taking care of any and all needs, for dad and family. Again thank you all from the bottom of my heart. You made everything easier on my heart.
My Father spent his last three days here before moving on to the other side.The Hospice of the Hills did a great job managing my family and guiding us through those painful few days. They have a living room, guest room, kitchen and other amenities that make the place feel like a home. I highly recommend this facility when making end of life plans for your loved one.