Join us for the Monument Health Special Rodeo for children and adults with disabilities!
Saturday, January 27, 2024
Rodeo Rapid City | Summit Arena at The Monument
Participants are invited to come enjoy rodeo activities that are accommodating to individuals with disabilities of all ages. Each participant will be partnered with a “rodeo buddy” to assist during the rodeo.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 1 p.m. – Doors & registration open
- 2 p.m. – Special Rodeo (Activities include: Riding and non-riding events)
- Event is FREE.
- Events include: horseback rides (therapy horses from Suncatchers provided), stick horse barrel races, roping, goat ribbon pull, miniature horse painting, and other animals to pet.
- Each participant and volunteer will receive a t-shirt.
- Each participant will receive a trophy item.
- This event is open to all individuals with disabilities.
- Walkers and wheelchairs are allowed in the arena.
- Please wear tennis shoes or boots (no open toed shoes, flip flops, sandals, etc.).
- Separate sensory area available that will offer a calm environment along with sensory activities.