Join us for the Monument Health Special Rodeo for children and adults with disabilities!
Saturday, January 27, 2024
Rodeo Rapid City | Summit Arena at The Monument
Participants and their families/caretakers are invited to come enjoy rodeo activities that are accommodating to individuals with disabilities of all ages.
Volunteers are invited to come out and accompany a rodeo participant that you will be matched with. No rodeo knowledge is needed. This role is to support your participant and help them have a great time. There will be specific helpers at each activity to assist.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 1 p.m. – Doors & registration open
- 2 p.m. – Special Rodeo (Activities include: Riding and non-riding events)
- Event is FREE.
- Events include: horseback rides (therapy horses from Suncatchers provided), stick horse barrel races, roping, bucking machines, miniature horse painting, bucking machines, other animals to pet and more.
- Each participant and volunteer will receive a t-shirt.
- Each participant will receive a trophy item.
- This event is open to all individuals with disabilities.
- Please wear tennis shoes or boots (no open toed shoes, flip flops, sandals, etc.).
- Separate sensory area available that will offer a calm environment along with sensory activities.
Rodeo Rapid City
SunCatcher Therapeutic Riding Academy
NewsCenter1 Media Group
HomeSlice Media Group
Rodeo Event Supporters:
Black Hills State University Rodeo Team
Red Horse Healing
B & D Enterprise (Show Animals)
Darling Therapy Pets
Drybar Rapid City
Beef Logic (Build Your Base)