Monument Health’s speech therapists are experts at diagnosing and treating communication, swallowing and voice difficulties. We offer inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services to people of all ages who are recovering from an illness, injury or life-long condition.
Areas where we can help:
- Speech challenges with articulation, fluency and voice
- Language challenges
- Dysphagia, including swallowing, oral function for feeding, oro-facial and myofunctional disorders
- Cognitive aspects of communication
- Hearing challenges, including hearing loss, auditory processing, one-word lip reading and balance disorders
- Speech challenges due to cancer treatment
You’ll also benefit from education for your family and caregivers to ensure improvement continues at home or throughout your care plan.
Patients interested in seeing a speech therapist should ask their insurance carrier about coverage options. A physician’s referral may be needed.
A speech therapist is also known as a speech-language pathologist, speech pathologist or speech clinician.
Monument Health Custer Hospital 1220 Montgomery Street, Custer, SD 57730 605.673.9400 Location Details
Monument Health Sturgis Hospital 2140 Junction Avenue, Sturgis, SD 57785 605.720.2400 Location Details
Monument Health Rehabilitation Center 1050 Fairmont Boulevard, Rapid City, SD 57701 605.755.1230 Location Details
Monument Health Rehabilitation 2449 East Colorado Boulevard, Spearfish, SD 57783 605.644.4370 Location Details
Monument Health Orthopedic & Specialty Hospital 1635 Caregiver Circle, Rapid City, SD 57702 605.755.6100 Location Details