Monument Health’s speech therapists are experts at diagnosing and treating communication, swallowing and voice difficulties. We offer inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services to people of all ages who are recovering from an illness, injury or life-long condition.
Areas where we can help:
- Speech challenges with articulation, fluency and voice
- Language challenges
- Dysphagia, including swallowing, oral function for feeding, oro-facial and myofunctional disorders
- Cognitive aspects of communication
- Hearing challenges, including hearing loss, auditory processing, one-word lip reading and balance disorders
- Speech challenges due to cancer treatment
You’ll also benefit from education for your family and caregivers to ensure improvement continues at home or throughout your care plan.
Patients interested in seeing a speech therapist should ask their insurance carrier about coverage options. A physician’s referral may be needed.
A speech therapist is also known as a speech-language pathologist, speech pathologist or speech clinician.
What People Are Saying
In the three times I have met with my neurology Dr., my speech therapist and rehab therapist. They all have been knowledgeable, courteous, and listen to my concerns. I feel that they are giving me the best service I have had in a very long time.