Shockwave therapy is a technique used in orthopedics, physical and occupational therapy, and sports medicine. It is a non-surgical, non-invasive therapy that transmits focused acoustic waves to the affected tissue. These waves stimulate the body’s natural healing mechanisms to aid in the reduction of pain, restoration of normal tissue function, and reducing the need for medications and/or significant activity modification.
Benefits of Focused Shockwave Therapy
- Short treatment time
- Deep tissues can be reached
- Non-invasive and no known significant adverse effects
- Precise & targeted application
- Results in few treatments
- Alternative to medication
Interested in treatment?
Talk to your Monument Health therapist at either of the following locations.