Buffalo chicken salad wrap
This quick-to-assemble, healthy wrap is a great way to use leftover chicken and add more vegetables to your diet.
This quick-to-assemble wrap is a great way to use leftover chicken and to add vegetables to your diet.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 4-ounce chicken breasts (12 ounces total)
- 2 whole chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup raw rutabaga or jicama, cut into matchsticks
- 4 ounces raw spinach, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 whole-grain tortillas (12-inch diameter)
Heat oven to 375 F or start grill. Bake or grill chicken breasts for about 10 minutes on each side until interior temperature is 165 F. Remove, cool and cube chicken.
In a blender, puree chipotle peppers with white wine vinegar and mayonnaise. Place all ingredients except spinach and tortillas in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Place 2 ounces spinach and half the chicken mixture in each tortilla and wrap. Cut each wrap in half to serve.