If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$21.40
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Surgical Technician at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Surgical Technician, you will function as a member of the surgery team in delivering patient care and assuming appropriate responsibilities before, during and after surgery. You will handle the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. As a Surgical Technician at Monument Health, you understand the procedure being performed and anticipate the needs of the surgeon. You have the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly maintain the sterile field.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Performs interventions, skills, and procedures consistent with accepted standards of surgical practice, policies and procedures in the surgical suite. These include, but are not limited to: preparing the Operating Room to include necessary supplies and equipment as indicated by the patient's status; providing appropriate safety and comfort measures to the patient; providing proper patient transfer and positioning; assuring maintenance of asepsis and sterile field; assuring well-being of patient including fluid balance and skin integrity; competency in equipment, supplies and their usage; investigating unfamiliar procedures, techniques, and medications; demonstrating organizational ability by using time, equipment, and personnel effectively; knowing and performing correct sterilization procedures; assuring minimal time loss between cases; utilizing physician preference cards.
- Handles unanticipated events and crisis situations in a professional manner. Is alert to potential problems and notifies appropriate individuals as necessary.
- Performs the technical procedures necessary for job responsibilities in a safe, effective, efficient, legal and professional manner. Is responsible for own education, personal growth and development. Takes timely action & appropriately plans for cases with consideration of individual needs.
- Utilizes organizational assets appropriately which includes supplies, equipment, time and property. Manages room and supplies to promote use of only items needed in case and questions waste.
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors the surgical environment to ensure that the potential for infection is reduced by proper sterilization, decontamination, and disinfection procedures.
- Willing to assist in other roles to keep costs down and quality high.
- Consistently performs appropriate counts per OR policy as evidenced by observation/chart review.
- Support the Institution by operating in an efficient and cost-effective manner while projecting a positive image to the community.
- Supports process improvement by addressing situations that are of concern and follows through with appropriate intervention.
- The Surgical Technician ensures that all required elements are in place for efficient completion of any and all procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associate in a Healthcare related field or Surgical Technician Certificate from an accredited program
Work Experience - 1+ years of Surgical Technologist Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Certification - Within 12-months of hire Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) - Association of Surgical Technologies (AST); or Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) - Nation Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA); or Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) - National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)Physical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilySurgical Services
DepartmentRCH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours20
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply