If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$25.25
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryPerforms all routine polysomnograms that are ordered by the physician. Scores records using the AASM Scoring Manual rules. Maintains quality assurance records of diagnostic instruments and performs minor maintenance on these instruments. Polysomnographic Technician gathers information, sets up and operates equipment, monitors and records all procedures performed in accordance with department policy and procedure manual. A Polysomnographic Technician Level II serves pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics with regards to age specific/cultural diversified needs.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Performs extensive sleep disorders testing for diagnostic purposes and maintains records of reports as observed by Director of Diagnostic Services.
- Identifies, recognizes normal/abnormal patterns of sleep and scores the following sleep/wake stages of the recording using the standard criteria (Awake, Stage 1, 2, 3, 4 and REM Sleep). Maintains back up diskettes of all testing.
- Documents during recording: body position, complaints, and intervention or treatments. Recognizes and the source identified for high frequency interference, low frequency interference, and unstable or wavering DC baseline.
- Monitors patient understanding, effort, and tolerance throughout testing procedure and documents appropriately.
- Reviews patient records, physician orders, protocols, and data to demonstrate ability for interpretation of subjective and objective information for patient assessment and order validation. Seeks guidance from Director/Supervisor and Medical Director for unresolved issues.
- Performs daily calibration and periodic maintenance of all diagnostic testing equipment, records results on maintenance records per departmental policy and reference manuals.
- Assists other members of the staff maintain skills in performing diagnostic testing.
- Investigation and evaluation of new products, procedures, and equipment as they directly relate to The Sleep Center.
- Consistently assess, identify, demonstrate the ability to communicate and address special needs of patients that are appropriate to the patient specific age group (neonates Birth - 1 month), (pediatrics 1 month – 12 years), (adolescent 1 years), (adults 1 years), (Geriatric 65+ years) when directly or indirectly providing treatment, testing or patient care and assess their level of understanding.
- Participates in the evaluation of customer satisfaction as well as adherence to the Guest Relation Standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); AND Registered Sleep Technologist (RST) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals; OR Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) Certification - Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT); OR Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
Physical Requirements: Heavy work - exerting up to 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or up to 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or up to 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and or up to 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Experience - 1+ years of Sleep Center Experience
Education - Associates degree in Health Related Field
DepartmentRCH Sleep Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply