If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).Medical Laboratory Technician - SD $20.72-$25.90, Medical Laboratory Scientist - SD $27.48-$34.35
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day at Monument Health. As a Medical Laboratory MLT/MLS/MT at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Medical Laboratory MLT/MLS/MT, your focus will be to collect, prepare, and perform a variety of routine laboratory tests, with varying complexity. You will assist in department procedures, including quality assurance, proficiency testing, calibrations, and complete related laboratory duties and supervise new caregivers in the department. Each day you will be demonstrating a commitment to customer satisfaction, professionalism, and safety.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
- Collects and prepares biological specimens for analyses using appropriate techniques and maintains the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test being performed.
- Determines acceptability of specimens within established guidelines, avoiding hemolysis, QNS, and wrong anticoagulant use.
- Performs all applicable testing with quality, speed, and accuracy according to established protocols and procedures. Evaluates specimen integrity and ascertains suitability for testing.
- Performs test analysis and reports test results in a timely manner meeting the expectations of physicians.
- Ensures prompt reporting of patient results for assigned department. Investigates problems involving collection, result reporting, and turn-around-time.
- Organizes department workload for maximum efficiency.
- Evaluates and interprets test results according to individual test specifications, performing necessary calculations; applies laboratory results to disease and/or patient therapy.
- Ensures initial calibration and standardization of equipment by applying criteria of acceptable functions and performance limits (i.e., precision, reproducibility, accuracy).
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously, identifying self and section. Demonstrates good judgment in directing phone calls/questions to appropriate section.
- Ensures smooth transition of duties within current shift and for oncoming shift by receiving pertinent information and conveying to other Healthcare personnel accurately and efficiently.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to instruct other staff and students.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or Associates degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science. Or high school graduate or equivalent and have successfully completed an official military medical laboratory procedures course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupation specialty of medical laboratory specialist (laboratory technician)
Certification - Within one year of hire date, Medical Lab Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technology (AMT), or Military Laboratory Specialist
Education - Bachelors degree in chemical, physical, or biologic Sciences or Clinical Laboratory Science or Associates with Medical Technologists (HEW)
Certification - Within one year of hire date, Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Certification - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)/American Medical Technology (AMT) or Health and Human Services (HEW)
Experience - 1+ years of Laboratory ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
Scheduled Weekly Hours24
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply