If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Pay Rate Range$18.40
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Medical Assistant at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Medical Assistant, you will work collaboratively to provide direct and indirect patient care in the ambulatory clinic setting. You will actively participate as a member of the health care team and perform assigned tasks in accordance with the policies and procedures of Monument Health to meet the needs of each patient.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Properly prepares the examination and treatment areas per clinic standards.
- Completes patient rooming procedures to include vital signs, data collection and other identified components specific to the clinic setting and within outlined Scope of Responsibilities.
- Accurately administers and documents unit dose medications/ immunizations in accordance with clinic policy following successful training/competency.
- Performs EKG's and laboratory testing per CLIA license of the clinic following successful training/competency.
- Ensures documentation in the patient record is accurate, clear, concise within outlined Scope of Responsibilities. May function as provider scribe following successful training.
- Completes all assigned clerical activities and supply maintenance/ordering as directed.
- Assists with scheduling follow up care/appointments as ordered/directed.
- Distributes pre-printed/pre-approved patient education materials. Directs all patient questions to provider or RN.
- Functions within the documented Monument Health Scope of Responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies; Graduate of an Accredited Medical Assistant University or accredited training facility
Certification - **Medical Assistant-Certified (MA) within 6 months of hire; Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Professional Certification - American Heart Association (AHA) within 60 days of hire
** Any Medical Assistant hired and employed with MH before July 1, 2021 has until Jan 1, 2022 to be certified as a Medical Assistant. Any Medical Assistant hired and starting employment after July 1, 2021 obtain certification with 6 months of hire.
Physical Requirements: Heavy work - exerting up to 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or up to 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or up to 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and or up to 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Experience - 1+ years of Clinical Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentMHOSH-Clinic Orthopedic Surgery
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
70 Monument Health Orthopedic and Specialty Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply