If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$23.49
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As an LPN at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As an LPN within Long Term Care, you will be an active part of a relationship-centered care team delivering safe, efficient, and effective care to the residents. You will utilize your nursing skills in the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation to provide individualized patient care. You will be an advocate in the care of individuals in conjunction with interdisciplinary teams of healthcare providers, family members and support systems.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Administers medications, immunizations accurately and in accordance with policy and within their scope of practice.
- Anticipates the needs and wants of the provider by preparing the patient, equipment and exam room for the appropriate exam. Patient care areas will be kept stocked with appropriate supplies and appropriate volume of supplies.
- Assist the Medical Assistant or Clinical Assistant as directed in making patient care decisions within their scope of practice.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with data collection pertinent to the admission assessment process, as evidenced by chart review/observation/audit, using appropriate age-specific criteria.
- Assists the Registered Nurse in the recurring nursing process by contributing to the nursing assessment, participating in development of the nursing diagnoses, participating in care planning and the development of nursing interventions, and contributing to the evaluation of responses to nursing interventions.
- Accurately and timely updates/documents IDPOC (Interdisciplinary Plan of Care)
- Consistently keeps patient flow running smoothly. Demonstrates the ability to make patient care decisions based on the urgency of individual needs.
- Demonstrates skill and judgment necessary to implement physician orders, procedures and nursing interventions.
- Influences multidisciplinary relationships by enhancing collaborative processes.
- Instructs patient/family/team in treatment plan and goals.
- Participates in assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of care in a variety of complex situations as based on evidenced based care.
- Produces appropriate, accurate and timely clinical documentation for patient care provided.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Completion of a nursing education program that is approved by a board of nursing
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 1+ years of Licensed Practical Nurse Experience
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyLong Term Care
DepartmentMHSC-ST Long Term Care-Skilled Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Employee TypeRegular 64 Monument Health Sturgis Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply