If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$22.62
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is accountable for the safe, efficient and effective delivery of nursing care, utilizing the nursing process to provide direction and supervision for the Certified Nursing Assistants and Health Unit Clerks. The LPN works under the supervision of the House Supervisor/RN and utilizes nursing skills in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. Assists the RN in the delivery of Healthcare based on the individual needs including age related consideration and pain assessment. The LPN provides nursing care as defined in department policies, procedures, schedules and standards of the profession and in accordance with the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act, and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Properly prepares the examination and treatment areas per clinic standards.
- Properly prepares for care of patient by participating in pre-visit planning, preparing exam and treatment areas per clinic standards.
- Completes patient rooming procedures to include vital signs, data collection and other identified components specific to the clinic setting.
- Accurately administers and documents medications in accordance with best practice and clinic policy.
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments within Scope of Responsibilities according to nursing division and clinic specific standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately perform and document assessments, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care in collaboration with RN/provider.
- Provide/distribute preapproved/preprinted patient education materials. Provide reinforcement of health teaching and discharge instruction provided by RN/provider, directing all patient questions to RN/provider.
- Completes independent nurse visits as allowed per scope and department policy with appropriate supervision.
- Assist in management of inbox and complete patient referrals/prior authorizations per policy and scope.
- Assists and actively participates in onboarding and mentoring of clinical staff per scope and as directed.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings, committees, and continuing education/training.
- Ensures documentation in the patient record is accurate, clear, concise within outlined Scope of Responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Completion of a nursing education program that is approved by a board of nursing
Certification - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Job FamilyAmbulatory Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply