If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$19.00
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryThe Cardiac Electrophysiology Device Specialist provides direct and indirect care of patients with cardiac pacemakers, internal cardiac defibrillators, cardiac resynchronization devices, and implanted loop recorders in accordance with the departmental process. They would work closely with the Electrophysiologists and the electrophysiology team in the hospital and clinic setting. This position is responsible for the evaluation and optimization in programming for device patients. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years previous cardiac and/or device programming experience.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Performs full evaluation of patient’s pacemakers, defibrillators, CRT devices, implanted loop recorders; reprograms devices as required.
- Enrolls, interrogates, and programs patients with cardiac devices and recognizes abnormalities, malfunctions, and alert indicators.
- Performs inpatient, pre/post MRI, pre-op, post device implantation checks in the hospital setting.
- Performs in-clinic device checks per department guidelines.
- Demonstrates a knowledge and ability to interpret complex cardiac rhythms.
- Assists in scheduling patients for follow-up, remote monitoring, or replacements as indicated.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of all manufacturer’s devices and therapies required.
- Supports all aspects of documentation in the EMR.
- Maintains knowledge of hospital, department, and regulatory agency policies and requirements.
- Is able to perform duties in affiliated device clinic, Rehab, and Hospice facilities.
- Educates patients and families regarding device function and remote and/or clinic follow-up.
- Ensures timely and proper documentation and billing.
- Coordinates and prioritizes with other members of the healthcare team to respond to patients, plan, and initiate timely and efficient care.
- Performs remote checks on pacemakers, defibrillators, implanted loop recorders.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent: General Studies
Certification - Certified Cardiac Device Specialist (CCDS) - International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (required with in 1-year of hire); Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA)
Experience - 2+ years cardiology and cardiac device experience
Education - Associates DegreePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyClinical Support
DepartmentRCH Cardiac Services EP Lab
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply