Date: Feb. 20, 2022
Race Time: noon to 1:30 p.m.
Venue: Old Storybook Island Shelter, 2911 Canyon Lake Dr., Rapid City, SD 57702
RACE DAY REGISTRATION
10:30 a.m. -11:45 a.m. on race day
(limited number of shirts available on race day)
The race begins at noon. Walkers and runners should remain on the bike path.
Note: Pets are welcome but must be on a leash and strollers are allowed.
WHAT TO EXPECT PRE-RACE
At the picnic shelter, help yourself to some healthy treats, coffee or water. Enjoy the camaraderie of fellow runners, hospital staff, and cardiac patients. About 10 minutes prior to the race start time, an announcement will be made for runners and walkers to head to the starting line.
AFTER THE RACE
Return to the picnic shelter for post race snacks and prize drawings made possible by our sponsors.
Door prizes include:
- 1880 Train passes
- Axe It Out gift card
- AHA misc. gifts
- Bear Country passes
- Black Hills Blends gift cards
- Black Hills Playhouse tickets
- Board N Brush gift card
- Buffalo Wild Wings gift
- Buffalo Wings and Rings gift
- Chubby Chipmunk Truffle cards
- Colonial House gift
- Dakota Butcher gift card
- Dakotah Steakhouse gift card
- Dark Canyon gift cards
- Dunn Bros gift cards
- Elks Golf Course- 2 rounds golf
- Firehouse Winery gift
- Get Air passes
- Liv Hospitality: 1 year Vertex Bar membership & Hotel stay w/ 5 Watiki passes
- Lost Cabin gift
- Main Street Square ice-skating passes
- Mammoth Site passes
- Mary’s Mountain Cookie gift cards
- Massage Envy Facial
- Meadowood Lane Passes
- Pistachio Pie Bakery gift card
- Reptile Gardens passes
- Monument Health gift shop gift cards
- Massages from Monument Health Orthopedic and Specialty Hospital
- Rush Mountain park passes
- Rushmore Tramway Adventure passes
- Scheels gift card
- Sickies gift card
- Rush game passes
- Tropical Smoothie gift card
- Koko Fit Club membership
$20 LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRTS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
Day of the event or by visiting:
Rapid City Hospital Cardiac Rehab Gym:
• Available through Feb. 18
• Mon., Wed. and Fri.: 7 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
• Tues. and Thurs.: 6 A.M. – 4 P.M.
• Sat.: 6 A.M. – 12 P.M.
Rapid City Hospital Lobby:
• Fairmont Street Lobby near Nourish
• Tue., Feb. 8 and Wed., Feb. 9
• 10:30 A.M. – 1:30 P.M.
This year we are offering an option to participate and complete the February Freeze 5K Run/Walk virtually.
Virtual participation is easy – just register here, then walk 3.1 miles on your own, anywhere. If you decide to participate virtually, send us a selfie of you completing the race. Photos may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Week is a national effort by cardiac rehabilitation professionals and the patients they serve to reduce the effects of heart disease. Special events like the February Freeze 5K Run/Walk are held across the country to raise awareness and celebrate cardiac patient’s special accomplishments.
Read more about cardiac rehabilitation at the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (ACCVPR) website.