Barbecue chicken pizza
The combination of vegetables, lean chicken and low-fat cheese makes this pizza a healthy, well-balanced meal.
If you're using a pizza stone, heat it in the oven before you put the pizza on it to bake.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 cup tomato sauce, no salt added
- One 12-inch thin, whole-grain pizza crust
- 1 green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces cooked chicken breast, sliced about 1-inch thick, with all visible fat removed
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded, reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
Heat the oven to 400 F.
Spread the sauce evenly over the pizza crust. Add the pepper, tomato, mushrooms and chicken. Drizzle barbecue sauce over the pizza and top with cheese.
Bake about 12 to 14 minutes. Cut the pizza into 8 slices and serve.