Important Service Adjustments
To best protect our patients, caregivers and families during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have altered our normal prescription delivery and counseling/education processes.
Monument Health Specialty Pharmacy has closed our lobby. Prescriptions still can be delivered, shipped, or picked up at 2006 Mount Rushmore Road in Rapid City as long as social distancing recommendations are followed. For pick-up, please call 605 755-3065 upon arrival from the parking lot for further pick-up instructions.
Education and counseling for newly prescribed medications is normally done face-to-face at the pharmacy, but during the pandemic we are moving to telephone discussions. The pharmacist and nurse will call you AFTER you have received your medication, but BEFORE you have taken the first dose, to go through any necessary information and answer your questions.
Thank you and stay safe!
The only pharmacy of its kind in the region, Monument Health Home+ Specialty Pharmacy focuses on the medication needs and therapy management for patients with chronic, rare or complex conditions that require specialty medications. Pharmacists and nurses collaborate closely with care providers and patients to achieve treatment goals.
Specialty Pharmacy in Rapid City serves patients throughout the entire region. Questions and concerns are answered by local staff, and our pharmacists are on call 24/7. Medication can be picked up, delivered by local courier, or a carrier like UPS.
Specialty Pharmacy Care for Complex Conditions
Often, these medications are not available at traditional pharmacies and can require special handling, administration or monitoring.
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Growth hormone deficiency
- Hepatitis C
- Migraine headaches
- Multiple sclerosis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Solid organ transplant
The Home+ Specialty Pharmacy team provides personalized care, clinical expertise, quality products and outstanding customer service. Our team works closely with you, your prescriber and your insurance company to ensure your needs are met.
Enrollment is required for Home+ to work on your behalf. Call Home+ Specialty Pharmacy to enroll, or ask your physician to phone, fax or e-prescribe on your behalf. There is no charge.Frequently Asked Questions
Other Patient Resources:
The Specialty Pharmacy team will:
- Work with insurers, including Medicare, so you know your coverage.
- Obtain any needed prior authorizations from your insurer.
- Work to find resources for financial hardship, if needed.
- Ship medication to your home at no extra cost.
- Provide essential equipment such as alcohol swabs and sharps containers at no extra cost.
A Home+ nurse or pharmacist work with you one-on-one to make sure you receive the most benefit from your therapy.
- Check-in calls from a therapy management nurse.
- Information about the safe and effective handling and storage of your medication.
- Education on how to take or inject your medications correctly.
- Clinical guidance to help prevent or manage medication side effects and injection site reactions.
- New prescriptions: Contact us by phone or email. Or your doctor can submit your prescription to us.
- Refills: Pharmacy staff calls you with refill reminders. Or contact us to request a refill.
- Prescription transfers: The pharmacy staff will transfer prescriptions to or from Home+ Specialty Pharmacy.
- Order status: Contact us by phone or email to check on prescription status.
- Delivery: Home+ will deliver or ship medications to any location free of charge. Or you can pick medications up at the Specialty Pharmacy or Home+ retail pharmacies in Rapid City or Spearfish.
Discarding Unneeded Medicine
Monument Health has installed tamper-proof kiosks to allow patients and the public to safely dispose of unused prescription medicines. The MedDrop kiosks are located indoors near the front entrances at all five Monument Health hospitals in Custer, Lead-Deadwood, Rapid City, Spearfish and Sturgis. Some locations have limited hours pending the installation of cameras and other security measures.
Home+ Specialty Pharmacy is the only specialty pharmacy in the region and has access to a variety of medications otherwise filled by national mail-order pharmacies. As a local supplier, we have the unique advantage of personal interaction with both you and your medical team.
Our pharmacists and nurses will work closely with your patients to ensure that any problems they may encounter, such as side-effects or poor adherence, are identified and communicated directly to you and your staff. We will work collaboratively with you, your staff, and your patients to find the best solutions to these problems to ensure that your patients get the most out of their medication therapy.
What makes us unique?
- Access to multiple electronic medical records in the area resulting in more seamless transitions of care – for you and your patients.
- A small, friendly staff of local pharmacists, technicians, and nurses who pride ourselves on maintaining close relationships with our patients, our providers and our community.
- A team of technicians specializing in financial advocacy who will work to provide your patients with the lowest copays available.
- A proactive refill reminder process with pharmacy to prescriber feedback to identify and communicate potential issues such as medication adherence.
- Specialty medication therapy management for many complex chronic disease states through which a team of nurses and pharmacists are dedicated to helping patients get the safest and most effective results to meet their treatment goals.
- Ongoing communication with prescribers and their staff to keep them apprised of any potential problems or challenges their patients may encounter with their medication therapy between office visits.
We look forward to providing you and your patients a level of pharmaceutical care never offered in the Black Hills until now.
What People Are Saying
The staff at the specialty pharmacy are outstanding! Mary has been especially helpful and had spent a lot of time with me when needed. She is extremely knowledgeable and shared good recommendations with me. I’m grateful for her kindness and expertise.
They are courteous, helpful & caring during calls to review my use of the medication, requests for refills & getting medication to me quickly overnight. Always has time to answer any questions or concerns.
Everyone is so nice and knowledgeable and I felt safe and in good hands.