The Monument Health Neuropsychology department is comprised of two Clinical Neuropsychologists and two master’s level Clinical Social Workers who see both inpatients and outpatients. Our Neuropsychologists provide evaluations and communicate the results to your referring doctor — to help them understand how an injury or illness may have affected your brain. Our Clinical Social Workers provide therapy to patients with chronic pain and other medical conditions.
Neuropsychological evaluations gather information about how well your brain is working and how that affects your functioning. They typically take several hours and involve sitting at a desk with the Neuropsychologist, answering questions and doing puzzles or surveys. There is no physical examination and no MRI or other imaging.
Specialty areas of service in the Neuropsychology Department include:
- Military Flight evaluations and Aerospace Medical Neuropsychology
- Pre-surgical psychological evaluations for bariatric, spinal cord stimulator and organ transplant surgery
- Pediatric Neuropsychological evaluations — ages 3+
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness-Based Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Neuroplasticity in Pain Management
Our master’s level Clinical Social Workers provide individual, family and group psychotherapy for:
- Chronic pain and other medical conditions
- Sleep disorders and neurologic conditions
- Weight management, including pre-bariatric surgery assessments
- Grief/loss with long-term illness
- Medical trauma and health anxiety
We work closely with your primary care and specialist physicians to ensure continuity of care and the best possible outcome.
Doctors & Providers
What People Are Saying
They treated me very very nice and they were very professional and courteous and welcoming all staff members that I had contact with were a very very professional is an excellent visit
Good experience. Comfortable, professional people. They take all the anxiety away with their demeanor and kindness. I left feeling reassured.