Monument Health Infectious Disease specialists are board-certified physicians who diagnose and treat conditions resulting from all types of infections. Often, infections can be diagnosed and treated by your primary care provider, or your primary care provider may refer you to one of our physicians. Our infectious disease specialists will review patient’s medical history, including X-rays and laboratory reports, if applicable, and may perform physical examinations, depending on the type of infection. The specialists at Monument Health meet the needs of patients in our hospitals and perform outpatient visits. Talk to your primary care provider about seeing an Infectious Disease specialist.
Common Infectious Diseases:
- Bone and joint infections
- Complicated urinary tract infections
- Heart valve infections
- Lyme disease
- Malaria and other tropical diseases
- Measles, mumps and rubella
- Illnesses that are unclear of cause, have prolonged fever or are recurrent
The best way to prevent infectious disease:
- Wash your hands with warm soapy water
- Get vaccinated
- Use antibiotics sensibly
- Stay home if you have signs and symptoms of an infection
- Prepare food wisely
- Pay special attention when cleaning the bathroom and kitchen areas of your home
- Practice safe sex
- Do not share personal items
- Travel wisely
- Keep your pets healthy
Doctors & Providers
What People Are Saying
Dr. Arbo is very professional, thorough, kind and caring person. I am very satisfied with the medical treatment he provides.
Dr. Arbo explained the X-Ray very clearly and informed me how long it would take to clear up the infection.
I had a good experience. There was no waiting and all went according to schedule.