Having surgery is an important decision. With advances in medicine, technology and anesthesia, surgery is a lot less invasive than it used to be. Patients recover more quickly, so they can get back to their lives.
At Monument Health, our surgical care teams in Rapid City and Spearfish include skilled, experienced surgeons and specialists equipped with the latest diagnostic and surgical technology.
We have board-certified surgeons who provide evaluation and treatment for a full range of general surgery conditions. Our providers work collaboratively with a specialized support team to monitor your progress through recovery and beyond to ensure your best path to recovery.
Surgical services include:
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Breast surgery
- Dialysis access
- Gastrointestinal surgery: gastric, pancreatic, gallbladder and biliary system, liver, small intestine, colon and rectal
- Hernia surgery: ventral, umbilical, inguinal and complex abdominal wall hernias
- Hemorrhoid procedures
- Surgical oncology
- Trauma and acute care surgery
- Thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery
- Thoracic surgery including video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery
What types of surgical procedures are available?
Depending on your medical condition and history, you may receive a recommendation from your surgeon for a specific surgical method available at Monument Health, such as:
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Minimally-invasive open surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic Surgery, to include single incision surgery
- Open surgery