Monument Health’s otolaryngologists specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and surgical evaluation of ear, nose, throat, head and neck disorders.
We treat adults and children for conditions including:
- Tumors or masses related to the head and neck
- Sinus and allergic conditions
- Thyroid and parathyroid disorders
- Hearing and balance disorders
- Snoring and sleep apnea
- Salivary gland diseases
- Nasal obstructions
- Ear disorders including infections or perforations in adults and children
- Speech and swallowing problems
- Head and neck cancer
- Facial trauma
Whenever possible, we use minimally invasive, office-based treatments. However, when surgery is needed we offer a number of options:
- Full spectrum sinus surgery including minimally invasive sinuplasty
- Nasal surgery including septoplasty, rhinoplasty, treatment of nasal fractures, minimally invasive procedures for nasal obstruction
- Tonsil and adenoid surgery
- Ear tubes
- Tympanoplasty and mastoidectomy
- Removal of skin cysts and cancer
- Salivary gland surgery
- Larynx procedures such as biopsies and removal of cysts or polyps
- Tongue ties
Eustachian Tube Balloon Dilation
Monument Health uses an innovative technique, balloon dilation, to treat persistent Eustachian tube dysfunction (ETD), a condition in which pressure, pain or clogged or muffled sensations occur in the ear. The surgeon uses a catheter to insert a small balloon through the patient’s nose and into the Eustachian tube. Once inflated, the balloon opens up a pathway for mucus and air to flow. Dr. Loren M. Jones, MD is currently the only doctor in Western South Dakota performing the procedure with this device.
Sinus Surgery with Balloon Sinuplasty
Unlike traditional sinus surgery, balloon sinuplasty requires no cutting and no removal of bone and tissue. Balloon Sinuplasty (BSP) uses a small, flexible, balloon catheter to open up blocked sinus passageways and facilitate drainage of the mucus that builds up in patients suffering from chronic sinusitis symptoms.
Doctors & Providers
Tune into our Podcast on your favorite streaming device, or visit our website to start listening.
What People Are Saying
Dr Jones knows his stuff. Because he took the time, he found a treatment that actually works for me. This has made my quality of life so much better. I can’t thank him enough!
Excellent quick service. Friendly, efficient. The lab draw nurse did the best job.
Compassionate, professional and quick care.
Caring, knowledgeable would highly recommend.