Salad greens with pears, fennel and walnuts
Need a salad for a celebration? This one fits the bill!
Fennel has a mild, sweet licorice flavor. Strip away the coarse outer portion of the fennel bulb before using in recipes.
To make this plant based, leave out Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients (SERVES 6)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Divide the salad greens onto 6 plates. Scatter the fennel and pear slices over the greens. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Add black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.