Grilled mango chutney
Change up your chutney! This version calls for grilled mango. It's a delicious relish for chicken, meat or rice.
Chutney adds a low-sodium punch of flavor and nutrition with its combination of fruit, vegetables and spices.
Ingredients (SERVES 6)
- 1 mango, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
Arrange the mango on the grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil on medium heat, turning often, until slightly browned and softened, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Remove the mango from the grill and let cool for a few minutes. Transfer the mango to a cutting board and chop into small chunks.
Put mango in a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Cover and refrigerate until sugar is absorbed and flavors mingle, about 1 hour. Serve as a relish for meat, poultry or rice.