If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentMHOSH Sports Med/Anc Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Sports Medicine Supervisor is responsible and accountable to ensure that the department and/or partnership university and/or partnership school goals and objectives are aligned with the Monument Health strategic plan. Provides leadership for Athletic Training Services in the provision of high quality of care, continuity of department workflow, medical care, and safety in the department and/or partnership entity. Executes the Essential Functions of athletic/sports medicine in a manner that consistently provides service excellence to all customers. Works in conjunction with the manager and supervising provider to manage all department functions, implementation of new services, review of policy and procedures, and assist in writing of new policies.
- Oversee the organizational and administrative duties of the assigned sports medicine facility by properly documenting and preserving medical records (including required NCAA and BOR forms), maintaining budgets and inventory of supplies, developing and scheduling of pre-participation screens, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries, scheduling and coordination of coverage for team practices and competitions, review insurance claims for compliance with regulations, establish and implement emergency management plans with local services.
- Actively works to reduce operating expenses by improving processes, products, services, customer service and reduction in cycle time. Completes personnel performance appraisals according to personnel policies.
- Analyzes operations and provides reports to the manager and/or partnership entity on a regular basis.
- Assists employees in meeting education requirements, safety requirements mandatory training, career planning and mentoring.
- Assists with the leadership of the department/facility by effectively managing and supervising personnel, promoting a positive, professional attitude and ensuring high quality of care.
- Maintains and fosters established partnerships between universities, schools, organizations, and providers.
- Oversee and provide guidance to the Athletic Training staff including, but not limited to hiring, training and supervision of all assistant athletic trainers, volunteer athletic trainers, graduate assistant athletic trainers and work study students.
- Assists assigned partnerships with maintaining compliance with regulations of all associated regulatory bodies to include, but not limited to NCAA, SDHSAA, and/or conference.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Sports Health
Certification - Athletic Trainer (AT) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners
Experience - Athletic Trainer 3+ years
Education - Masters degree in Sports HealthMedium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.70 Monument Health Orthopedic and Specialty Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply