If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentRCH Radiology Support
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryUnder the general direction of the Director of Medical Imaging Services, the Supervisor MIS PACS and Support leads and manages the operational activities for PACS, the Quality Coordinator, the follow up manager, and the front office team.
The individual participates as an important member of the MIS department’s management team to address and resolve broad management/administrative issues such as planning for future programs and services, procedure coding and revenue capture, cost monitoring and control, patient scheduling, patient and staff safety, workflows, operational monitoring, regulatory compliance, public relations and the overall timeliness and quality of services provided to customers in assigned sections and across the Department. The Supervisor consults and collaborates with other members of Monument Health leadership to ensure the effective integration of strategic objectives, performance management, quality and improvement and technological performance.
This Supervisor is responsible for ongoing successful operation and management of the PACS system as well as its integrations with Monument Health’s chosen , HIS, RIS, dose tracking system, dictation system and all other programs used by the clerical, technical and physician caregivers within MIS that support patient care.
Additional responsibilities include supervising all day-to-day operations including all support activities for delivery of medical imaging services throughout the MH system. Manage the human resource needs for caregivers reporting to this position, responsible for equipment and software oversight, and performance improvement activities.
Supervise PACS, Quality Coordinator, Follow up manager, and the Front office team.
- Work in conjunction with Radiologists and Monument Health management and Quality Consultants to develop materials used to teach the caregivers.
- Coordinate training of new Caregivers, maintain caregiver competency and coordinate the training necessary to keep all caregivers current with the latest technological advances. Ensure completion of annual competencies. Maintain training records.
- Delegate work duties and responsibilities.
- Human resource functions – hire, orientation, evaluations, and disciplinary action.
Supervise day-to-day operations, programs and new program development
- Review daily patient schedules for areas assigned.
- Ensure that staff are reassigned as necessary to provide proper coverage for anticipated workload.
- Develop optimal staffing models to meet operational needs and budgetary constraints.
- Ensure operating expenses are within budgetary tolerances and determine actions to resolve variances
- Responsible for acquiring, managing and ensuring optimal usage of consumable supply inventories for areas assigned within budget.
Supervise Section Safety and Ensure Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure staff comply with safety and regulatory program requirements.
- Check status of imaging equipment function and oversee preventative maintenance on imaging systems to ensure all instrumentation is safe and in good working condition.
- Responsible for accreditation in section including State, TJC, ACR, MQSA, NRC, etc.
- Monitor and share patient satisfaction feedback. Work with staff and radiologists to address negative feedback to improve patient experience and to improve scores within department goals and budgets.
- Create a climate that inspires staff to be motivated and productive; promote professional growth for self and staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - **Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA); American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification - Accredited University or accredited university; OR ARDMS Certificate - American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), OR Nuclear Medicine Technician - Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
Experience - 3 + years of PACS Experience, 3+ years Medical Imaging Technologists Experience
Experience - 1+ years of Supervisor Experience
**Policy Number: MIS-7040-115 - Caregivers must be CPR certified upon employment or within their 90-day probation period.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply