If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryIt starts with heart. That is what you will do each day. As a Pharmacy Technician at Monument Health, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and— most importantly— a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
As a Pharmacy Tech, you are a critical part of providing pharmacy services to patients within the Monument Health system. Pharmacy Technicians have a passion for helping others and do so by preparing sterile compounds, non-sterile compounds, packages, and appropriately labeling medication doses for distribution to patients and operating automated technology. The environment is exciting and challenging where no two days are the same. No matter what stage you are in your career, you can build a future with Monument Health.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
- Create an environment where responsiveness to patient and customer needs is a personal priority. Interact with staff, patients and the public in a courteous and respectful manner using appropriate verbal or written skills.
- Restock unit dose medications, liquids and injectables; accurately fill controlled substances and file paperwork; receive orders, unpack supplies, assure items are bar coded and scannable, and place inventory into the appropriate location when relevant to hospital site.
- Accurately pick medications from appropriate automated technology for replacement into Automated Dispensing Cabinets (ADC) or distribution to another campus. Sort and restock/waste returned medications; restock code carts, emergency boxes, and ADCs; deliver medications in a timely manner; answer phones professionally and transfer calls appropriately.
- Act as a positive member of the team. Assist in orienting new personnel; use time wisely; communicate pertinent information; work effectively with pharmacists, technicians and other hospital caregivers; work independently without direct supervision; assist other staff and exhibit an approachable, interactive demeanor.
- Process and accurately dispose of all waste materials, including all levels of hazardous waste. Knowledgeable of appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and necessary action when receiving or manipulating hazardous medications or during hazardous spills.
- Maintain ability to effectively navigate computer software, troubleshoot and report problems to prevent repetitive issues in the future.
- Participate in department committees as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Registration within 30 days of hire- South Dakota Board of Pharmacy
Experience - 1+ years Healthcare; 1+ years of Pharmaceutical Experience; 1+ years of Retail Experience
Certification - Required within 12 months of hire Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) OR Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) - National Healthcare Association (NHA)Physical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Job CategoryClinical Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply