If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.Pay Range: $57,720.00 - $72,155.20Social Worker MSW $57,720.00-$72,155.20, LPC Mental Health Counselor $57,720.00-$72,155.20
Job SummaryThe right team of is capable of transforming health care. Monument Health caregivers are professional and passionate, and we support one another. Whether you are newly graduated or have years of experience, we are looking for positive, hardworking, and considerate caregivers who thrive in a fast-paced work environment providing high quality care.
As a LPC Mental Health Counselor or Social Worker MSW, you will be valued as an essential team member providing compassionate patient and family focused care. You will discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect and – most importantly – a life-changing career. You will make a difference. Every day.
Our LPC Mental Health Counselor or Social Worker MSW will work with adolescents to coordinate, plan and deliver the best psychotherapeutic approach for each patient. This position involves individual, family and group therapy. You will provide clinical (only) supervision for day-to-day implementation of therapeutic strategies or milieu programming that carries out the treatment plan for each patient by a variety of staff including psychiatric technicians, LPNs, RNs, and discharge planners across the Center's continuum of care. Services are provided with the recognized standards of practice and the patient’s Plan of Care. The Plan of Care is based on the initial and comprehensive assessments of patient/caregiver.
Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time. If you share this philosophy, we hope you’ll join us.
- Provides individual, marital, family and group therapy within the scope of the inpatient unit
- Develops and implements an individualized treatment approach. Communicates with family to further the effectiveness of treatment plan.
- Collaborates with patient/family, multidisciplinary team, and physician to formulate a realistic plan that identifies goals, specific interventions, and resources to meet the patient's needs.
- Assesses patient’s progress and modifies treatment plan accordingly.
- Develops and maintains positive partnerships with providers of mental health and social services in the community as appropriate to the needs and requirements of the patient on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains good communication and collaborative relationships with referring providers and other staff. Recommends additional referrals for patient as needed.
- Functions as a positive resource, communication coordinator, and role model for departmental staff. Maintains accessibility and visibility within the department.
- Assists patients to maintain their sense of competence, identity and autonomy.
- Demonstrates effective collaboration with community/regional services and hospital personnel while maintaining patient and family rights.
- Assists in discharge plan development, giving direction to discharge planner as needed.
- Completes discharge planning note/assessment within predetermined guidelines. Upon completion of assessment, recommendations are integrated into the treatment plan 95% of the time.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Masters degree in Counseling or Social Work
Certifications - Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) – South Dakota Department of Social Services or Certified Social Work (CSW) - South Dakota Department of Social Services
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Job FamilyMental Health
DepartmentRCH Behavioral Health
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply