If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryUnder Physician supervision, the Physician Assistant and/or Nurse Practitioner may assume primary responsibility in their respective specialty area according to federal, state, and local regulatory agencies. Responsible for management of selected at risk or complex patients and aggregate patient populations in collaboration with physicians, nurses and other Healthcare team members. Must demonstrate the knowledge, critical thinking and skills to plan, coordinate and provide care on a continuing basis.
- Predominantly outpatient practice; spends 20% or less time in the inpatient setting.
- Acts as an agent of the supervising physician for any medical services that are delegated that are within the Advanced Practice Clinician's scope of practice.
- Assess, diagnose, treat and manage patients’ Healthcare problems/needs. Apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement changes to the plan of care. Anticipates and communicates changes in patient status to meet the needs of the patient.
- May share in practice call requirements.
- May perform procedures. May provide first assist coverage.
- No operating room requirement.
- No ED/Unassigned call requirement.
- Completes thorough, timely documentation in accordance with facility policy.
- Complies with scope of care under the guidance of federal, state, and/or local regulatory agencies.
- Complies with scope of care under the guidance of the supervising physician and/or protocols.
- Consistently demonstrates appropriate referral and/or transfer of patients to another facility.
- Demonstrates a thorough and current knowledge of disease processes while conducting a comprehensive health history and physical examination or problem-focused assessment depending on patient’s status.
- Demonstrates appropriate referrals and/or provides referral information to the patients and physicians.
- Orders appropriate tests, procedures, and therapies in collaboration with medical staff based on relevant organizational and unit-specific policies and procedures.
- Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment and formulates plan of care in collaboration with other medical providers.
- Recognizes physical, developmental, and psychosocial distress of patient and family, and provides appropriate interventions.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations, basing patient management decisions on individual patient needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) - South Dakota Board of Nursing or Physician Assistant (PA) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners
Experience - 1+ years of Clinical Experience; 1+ years of Healthcare ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyAdvanced Practice Provider
DepartmentMHMC-RC Flormann St. Primary Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply