RAPID CITY, S.D. (Dec. 2, 2020) – More than 100 artists submitted art for Dale Lamphere’s Community Tapestry project at Monument Health Rapid City Hospital. Dale and the Monument Health Art Committee have narrowed the list to 20 pieces.
It was not an easy task, Dale said. Artists submitted an impressive variety of paintings, drawings, beadwork, wood, glass, metal and mixed media. A lot of really good art didn’t fit into the overall mix of media and message that will comprise the final tapestry, he said.
The final piece will feature metal diamonds arranged in a 16-foot-wide by 32-foot-tall space. Twenty of the diamonds will showcase the work of artists from the Black Hills and western South Dakota. Community Tapestry will be installed this spring.
The final 20 artists are listed below.
- Todd Grabow of Rapid City
- Chon Love of Rapid City
- Mallory Eck of Belle Fourche
- Dustin Twiss of Buffalo Gap
- Desy Schoenewies of Spearfish
- Kris Hachmeister of Belvidere
- Daniel Tackett of Rapid City
- Mackenzie Swanson of Hill City
- Faith Beckloff of Rapid City
- Tenyoh of Rapid City
- Rosella Beaumont of Rapid City
- Jean Selvy-Wyss of Rapid City
- Grant Standard of Caputa
- Wendy Martin of Rapid City
- Jay Pond of Rapid City
- Amy Woodbury of Rapid City
- Greg Geiger of Rapid City
- Skye Potter of Rapid City
- Brittany Poor Bear of Rapid City
- Anita Afraid of Lightning, Rapid City