If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryPatient Services
Job FamilyCare Coordination
DepartmentSPH Standards / Risk Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours32
Job SummaryPlans, coordinates, and provides total patient care specific to diagnosis and age of patients served on a continuing basis, to obtain optimum health for patient and family, in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policy and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act. Is responsible for promotion of optimal trauma care, data collection and injury prevention through the coordination of clinical activities, professional and public education, performance improvement as directed, and emergency department coordinating functions. Responsible for collaboration with medical staff, patient's/family and the health needs in selected trauma patient resulting in quality, cost effective outcomes.
- Acts as a resource to staff, patients and families regarding patient care. Facilitates efficient, appropriate, coordinated care to help ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standards, policies and procedures, and integrates knowledge into delivery of care. Performs nursing procedures and treatments according to nursing division and unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize an emergency situation and initiate appropriate responses. Is readily available to participate in an emergency situation and stays within the scope of practice. Demonstrates familiarity with emergent policies. Identifies subtle changes in patient status and reports immediately to provider.
- Develops, maintains, revises and provides annual updates for the facility PI plan.
- Participates in policy development and revision in nursing services departments as requested.
- Prioritizes and organizes delivery of care in a consistent manner. Initiates interdisciplinary collaboration to promote optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Provides for the delivery of patient care based on individual needs through the collection of health data and ongoing patient assessment with identification of problems and needs.
- Participates in performance improvement and quality control activities.
- Positively supports and contributes to departmental development as evidenced by participating in meetings and training.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates degree in Nursing
Certifications - Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Experience - 5+ years of Emergency Department Experience; 5+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply