If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyHealth Information Management
DepartmentRCH Trauma Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Trauma Registrar is responsible for maintaining the Trauma Registry by accurately and efficiently abstracting patient records and entering data under the direction of the Director of Trauma Services. Provides a range of secretarial duties to support the Trauma Services Office.
- Accurately and efficiently collects and enters trauma patient data into the trauma registry which includes but is not limited to: demographic data, dates & times, physiologic data, procedures, morbidity and performance improvement indicators as requested
- Assists with the development, assembly, revision and distribution of trauma committee minutes, forms, orders, manuals, reports, and policies as directed.
- Answers telephone with a pleasant voice, proper identification of self and department; offers assistance and relays messages appropriately.
- Assists with organizing professional outreach education programs (i.e. TNCC, ATLS, Trauma symposiums, in-services, etc.)
- Completes data collection and entry in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains all reference materials necessary for trauma registry coding and abstracting.
- Assists with registry reports as requested and reviews monthly summary reports to assure data completeness.
- Obtains documentation from pathology, the coroner and/or appropriate EMS agencies as requested.
- Utilizes ICD-9 coding and patient criteria established by the Trauma Committee to identify patients to be entered into the trauma registry from the ED log and electronic medical record. Accurately and efficiently maintains the trauma patient log and trauma project list on a daily basis.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certifications - Within 12 months of being hired: (1) American Trauma Society Trauma Registrar Course - American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma (ACS COT) or equivalent provided by a state trauma program and (2) the Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS©) - Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine (AAAM)
Experience - 1+ years of Coding Experience; 1+ years of Emergency Department Experience; 1+ years of Intensive Care Unit Experience; 1+ years of Trauma Registry Experience
Certifications - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Medical Records Coder Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply