If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
DepartmentRCH Care Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours20
Job SummaryUnder general supervision of the Nurse Care Management Manager, the Transportation Coordinator plans, organizes and implements the transportation services for Monument Health. Transportation focus areas are related to patients discharging from a Monument Health acute care setting and transportation needed to facilitate appropriate follow up cares for established patients.
- Plans and coordinates all transportation scheduling activities related to transportation for Monument Health acute care environments to facilitate appropriate and timely discharges.
- Serves as a liaison with the transportation services that Monument Health partners with.
- Assesses the transportation options and coordinates the most appropriate mode based on the clinical assessment and criteria established.
- Responsible for coordination of all outside service providers of transportation needed to facilitate appropriate follow up care for established patients.
- Tracks and coordinates annual infection control competency education for appropriate transportation services.
- Designs standards, workflows, and checklists to optimize care delivery. Assesses the quality of care delivered to patients.
- Follows hospital and departmental procedures to ensure safe transportation of patients, records and equipment.
- Directs phone calls to appropriate personnel utilizing proper phone etiquette.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Experience - 3+ years healthcare experiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply