If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryPatient Services
DepartmentRCH Care Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryCoordinates patient placement in outlying Regional Health hospitals including swing beds and LTC.
- Facilitates completion of timely intake and referrals to post-acute care agencies/facilities. Utilizing available resources in all Regional Health facilities for cost-effective outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective collaboration with community/regional services and hospital personnel.
- Effectively utilizes community and regional resources to facilitate appropriate referrals. Participates in planning and continued process improvements.
- Demonstrates collaboration with hospital personnel and community resources to facilitate appropriate patient disposition while complying with organization and regulatory guidelines.
- Provides direction, guidance, and motivation, leading to accomplishment of staff goals and objectives. Maintains a highly skilled and professional staff.
- Keeps referring and receiving agency/facility informed of discharge planning activities and tentative/concrete discharge dates.
- Communicates with insurance companies verifying initial and continuing coverage eligibility.
- Consistently maintains ongoing awareness of agency/facility policies and regulations, as demonstrated by knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, DSS and federal and private insurance plan coverage.
- Provides backup to other Transitional Care Liaison caregivers and team as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Acute Experience; 1+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply