If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentRCH Transfer Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours36
Job SummaryIn a Transfer Center role the Specialist will be the single point of contact for facilities/providers requesting transfer to a Regional Health hospital. The Specialist obtains patient information critical to determining the appropriate Regional Health provider and level of care while coordinating phone call between the referring and receiving providers. In the patient placement role, the Transfer Center Specialist will be responsible for facilitating patient flow within Regional Health, balancing bed requests with priority of need. This position works closely with referring hospitals, receiving hospital, and internal Regional Health physicians and caregivers. The specialist must demonstrate skilled customer focus while coordinating patient transfer.
- Proficient in data entry, telephone systems with call recording, and / or Bed Management systems and office-oriented systems as required to support operations.
- Responsible for working to improve relations with referring providers while interacting with multiple departments in order to ensure quality care to patients.
- Facilitates communications with referring and receiving providers.
- Follows up with referring and receiving providers to gather feedback and ensure a seamless process.
- Acts as a customer service representative taking appropriate steps to meet the needs of all callers.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation relating to all calls.
- Scans documents into patient record.
- Escalates issues and communicates appropriately with Transfer Center CRN and/or Director as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and remain flexible.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements including EMTALA.
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience - 1+ year clinical setting; 1+ year hospital setting
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Certification - Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT)Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply