If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$32.64
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryIn a Transfer Center role the RN will be the single point of contact for facilities/providers requesting transfer to a Monument Health hospital. The RN obtains patient information critical to determining the appropriate Monument Health provider, level of care, and coordinates the phone call between the referring and receiving providers. In the patient placement role, the Transfer Center RN will be responsible for facilitating patient flow within Monument Health. This position works closely with referring hospitals, receiving hospital, and internal Monument Health caregivers including physicians.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Proficient in database entry, telephone systems with call recording, and / or Bed Management systems and office-oriented systems as required to support operations.
- Facilitates communications with referring and receiving providers.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation, relating to all calls; assist in maintaining database.
- Handles unanticipated events and crisis situations in a professional manner. Is alert to potential problems and notifies appropriate individual as necessary.
- Follows up with referring and receiving provders to gather feedback and ensure a seamless process.
- Provides an expert level of clinical decision-making to determine patient acuity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements including EMTALA and quality initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Completion of a nursing education program that is approved by a board of nursing
Certifications - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 3+ years of Acute Care Clinical
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Experience - 5+ years of Registered Nurse ExperienceSedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentRCH Transfer Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Employee TypePRN 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply