If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Pay Rate Range$15.50
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryPerforms a wide variety of complex clerical duties. Coordinates a multitude of office procedures. Expedites the efficient function of all areas within the department. Facilitates ongoing communication within the department, with other hospitals departments, and the general public.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assesses the procedure to be performed and the patient’s age and overall physical and mental condition before deciding mode of transportation. Utilizes the appropriate mode of transportation, avoiding unnecessary lifting and possible patient distress; ensures the patient’s safety and comfort.
- Assists patients in getting ready for exam; changes patients into hospital gown as needed.
- Assists in scheduling patient exams.
- Assists with department workflow by escorting patients to and from scanners and other areas as needed.
- Assures flow of patients by prioritizing exams, greeting patients and letting techs know that they have arrived. Explains delays if they occur.
- Coordinates a multitude of exam requests for all areas within the department; maintains continuity within the department.
- Informs appropriate department when a patient has waited 15 minutes beyond their scheduled appointment time.
- Informs patients of any delays in the schedule for their procedure.
- Performs general office duties, as needed, to expedite workflow (e.g., answering the telephones, assisting in jacket retrieval, readying films and paperwork, processing patient orders, and/or operating office equipment).
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Clerical Experience; 1+ years of Medical Terminology ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyRadiology Support
DepartmentRCH MIS CT Scan
Scheduled Weekly Hours20
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply