If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyRadiology Support
DepartmentRCH MIS CT Scan
Scheduled Weekly Hours0
Job SummaryPerforms a wide variety of complex clerical duties. Coordinates a multitude of office procedures. Expedites the efficient function of all areas within the department. Facilitates ongoing communication within the department, with other hospitals departments, and the general public.
- Assesses the procedure to be performed and the patient’s age and overall physical and mental condition before deciding mode of transportation. Utilizes the appropriate mode of transportation, avoiding unnecessary lifting and possible patient distress; ensures the patient’s safety and comfort.
- Assists patients in getting ready for exam; changes patients into hospital gown as needed.
- Assists in scheduling patient exams.
- Assists with department workflow by escorting patients to and from scanners and other areas as needed.
- Assures flow of patients by prioritizing exams, greeting patients and letting techs know that they have arrived. Explains delays if they occur.
- Coordinates a multitude of exam requests for all areas within the department; maintains continuity within the department.
- Informs appropriate department when a patient has waited 15 minutes beyond their scheduled appointment time.
- Informs patients of any delays in the schedule for their procedure.
- Performs general office duties, as needed, to expedite workflow (e.g., answering the telephones, assisting in jacket retrieval, readying films and paperwork, processing patient orders, and/or operating office equipment).
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 1+ years of Clerical Experience; 1+ years of Medical Terminology ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply