If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryPromotes innovation and development of laboratory technology. Assists all Monument Health laboratories in validation and new technology. Assists with process improvement and standardization. Implements, maintains and monitors adherence to safety and infection control practices. Provides cost effective high quality service. Demonstrates and promotes a commitment to customer satisfaction and professionalism.
- Continuously seeks and encourages others to identify opportunities for different and innovative approaches to address organizational problems and opportunities.
- Assists in evaluation, selection and validation and troubleshooting of equipment for Monument Health system laboratories.
- Coordinates implementation of new equipment in the Monument Health system laboratories.
- Demonstrates and promotes a commitment to patient satisfaction, customer satisfaction and professionalism.
- Ensures safety requirements are met at Monument Health system laboratories and assists with safety policy updates and staff training. Participates as an active member of the Monument Health safety committee.
- Acts as a technical resource person, providing information about related tests to internal and external customers in cooperation with management.
- Performs laboratory testing, from routine to complex, which requires independent judgment and responsibility; reports results, maintains records, equipment and quality control.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in chemical, physical, or biologic Sciences or Clinical Laboratory Science
Certification - Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Molecular Biology Certification - American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)/American Medical Technology (AMT)
Experience - 3+ years of clinical laboratory experience
Specialty Certification from American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply