If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryClinical Care
Job FamilyClinical Support
DepartmentRCH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Surgical Clinical Reviewer will coordinate the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) database by collecting and submitting reliable data to the ACS for the hospital. The Surgical Clinical Reviewer will also work closely with members of the Department of Surgery to identify opportunities for quality improvement and serve as liaison between the facility and the ACS
- Identifies surgical patients for inclusion in the program registry based on program inclusion/exclusion criteria and randomization protocol.
- Collects pre-operative, operative, and post-operative data components.
- Meets the accrual requirements of cases per year.
- Identifies post-operative complications by attending weekly Morbid and Mortality conferences in order to collect reliable data.
- Demonstrates understanding of NSQIP definitions and methodology as evidenced by Inter-Rater Reliability (IRR) Testing.
- Identifies areas of data collection methods that could be improved.
- Utilizes resources so that valid, reliable data is entered. Website Interaction
- Utilizes available software from the NSQIP website.
- Enters data into website.
- Reviews weekly site accrual report.
- Responds to accrual report alerts.
- Effectively manages problems or questions that arise with data collection, submission, and utilization.
- Maintains working relationships with hospital personnel. Interacts with staff in Surgery, Medicine, Nursing, HIM, and IT to ensure support for the management of the program
- Contacts patients and families for follow up either to identify possible post-operative com
Education and Participation
- Serves an educational resource related to NSQIP. Provides education to staff, as needed.
- Participates in weekly teleconferences with other surgical clinical nurse reviewers.
- Attends national conference provided by the ACS for NSQIP participating hospitals applications associated with the surgery performed at the hospital.
- All other duties as assigned
Education - Bachelors degree in Related Field
Bachelor's in Nursing
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply