If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Starting Pay Rate Range$15.50
(Determined by the knowledge, skills, and experience of the applicant.)
Job SummaryProvides positive and professional environment for the patient. Serves as the primary appointment scheduler to ensure effective customer service according to Monument Health standards. Assist the nursing staff in providing efficient, effective and safe patient care specific to diagnosis and age of patient served, utilizing communication, and clerical skills. The care is provided under the direction of the nurse in accordance with accepted hospital standards, policies, unit specific competencies and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Recognizes emergency situations, assists with notification and direction of personnel, and initiates appropriate responses.
- Communicates the need for preauthorization for exams prior to completion of exam scheduling.
- Communicates with clients to ensure exam times are acceptable, requirements for exams are understood, and checks for resource conflicts.
- Documents changes in scheduled exams and patient demographics in the appropriate systems.
- Ensures all orders placed in the system meet the time frame requested by the provider ordering the exam.
- Acts as a resource for scheduling issues and new employees.
- Arranges the schedule if cases cancel or add-ons occur so that the rooms will be well utilized.
- Completes all assigned clerical activities.
- Contributes to patient care; i.e. specimens to lab, blood to unit, cleaning carts and placing clean linens, clean OR’s) in accordance with unit guidelines.
- Contributes to the permanent document of patient data.
- Able to prioritize physician's orders and initiate appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Accurately transcribes physician's orders.
- Acts as a receptionist and participates in admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
- Uses excellent customer service skills with all communications with all customers; i.e. all members of the perioperative team, providers, patient/family, all MH caregivers.
- Utilizes sound judgment in the reporting of data and in the provision of patient care.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyRegistration and Scheduling
DepartmentRCH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply