If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryThe Surgery Supervisor is responsible for the direction and delivery of quality patient care utilizing standardized work processes either directly or through appropriate delegation. The Surgery Supervisor coordinates the surgery activities and staffing, considering skills, patient acuity, and age related needs. The Surgery Supervisor assists with the planning, organizing and day-to-day clinical operation of the unit to meet the goals of the hospital. The Surgery Supervisor is responsible for the quality and continuity of patient care and departmental safety. The role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned based upon facility need or requirements.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assist in the evaluation and development of professional skills of self and staff. Ensures that identified needs are met through education and training. Maintains the staff competencies annually. Maintains leadership competencies.
- Coordinates the activities and assignments throughout the Surgery Department to assure continuity of patient care.
- Maintains necessary documentation, monthly reports, Continually seeks out ways to be departmentally cost-effective and business savvy.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and competency in assisting with surgical procedures.
- To include the knowledge of anatomy and physiology, positioning, prepping, draping, and transferring of patient.
- Demonstrates mastery of sterile technique in all areas of surgery (e.g. preps, sterile supplies), as evidenced by observation of the surgical team. Follows proper procedure in identifying and correcting breaks in aseptic technique.
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors the surgical environment to ensure that the potential for infection is reduced by proper sterilization, decontamination, and disinfection procedures.
- Functions as a liaison and interacts cooperatively with staff, patients, other departments, physicians, and other professionals as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelor’s degree in Nursing for all markets that are Magnet Certified or pursuing Magnet Certification. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing must be obtained in an agreed upon time frame in other markets.
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Experience - 1+ years of Healthcare Experience; 1+ years of Management Experience; 1+ years of Surgical Nursing Experience
Job FamilySurgical Services
DepartmentSPH Surgical Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
62 Monument Health Spearfish Hospital
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply