If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryUnder the general direction of the Revenue Cycle Manager, the Supervisor performs a variety of complex duties and supervision of financial clearance and/or registration personnel and activities to ensure the efficient processing of patients. Coordination of daily activities for Patient Services Center, including but not limited to scheduling of staff, maintenance of work queues, and statistical reporting.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Directly oversees staff members and is responsible for ensuring their work output is satisfactory and their concerns are resolved. This includes conducting routine staff audits for productivity and tracking results.
- Monitors registration and financial clearance processes to ensure high quality customer service.
- Identifies problem areas and develops plan of action to ensure benchmark standards are obtained and maintained.
- Leads workflow efforts for assigned area; analyzing, reassigning, and adjusting based on work needs.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding patient’s personal, medical, and financial information.
- Maintains knowledge of industry and payer regulations and system software.
- Ensures the financial clearance process for areas of responsibility is completed timely and accurately prior to patient arrival by monitoring work queues and reports to ensure appropriate productivity and quality standards.
- Demonstrates an understanding of technical denial areas, such as: medical necessity, eligibility issues, coding issues, no authorization, and timely processing of claims.
- Maintains knowledge of core revenue cycle functions such as billing, claims filing, data entry, charge entry, insurance follow up, denial management, payment posting, customer service, and billing records review to support duties related to preservice financial clearance and resolution of related denials. Understanding of fund finding,
- Provides escalated customer support service. Acts as a liaison for both internal and external customers to inform financial clearance processes and role in aiding scheduling of care and claims submission and resolution.
- Analyzes, assists, and resolves problem claims through the management of follow up and denial work queues for areas of responsibility.
- Contacts patient, guarantors, and/or third-party organizations to secure information; prepares and maintains patient coverage records to assist in the adjudication of claims.
- Participates in and leads payer and or departmental meetings.
- Responsible for providing feedback, suggestions, and process improvement recommendations to manager and above.
- Promotes a culture of accountability, teamwork, collaboration, and operational excellence in holding with organization mission, vision, and values.
- Responsible for all hiring and related personnel decisions, completing routine performance review evaluations, training, scheduling, and process documentation in collaboration with Manager. Meets regularly with direct reports to review accomplishments and set goals.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Certification - Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) - National Association Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) or Certified Healthcare Access Management(CHAM) - National Association Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) within one year of hire.
Education - Associate degree in Business, Healthcare, or related field
Experience - 3+ years of Admissions, Registration and/or Billing; 1+ years of Supervisor ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyPatient Financial Counseling
DepartmentRCH Revenue Cycle Management Services
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply