If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
COVID Vaccination Statement
Ensuring the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff, and communities is our deepest commitment at Monument Health. As a condition of employment, Monument Health requires all employees be fully vaccinated * against COVID-19, or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption, prior to starting employment.
*Fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since the completion of a COVID-19 primary vaccination series. COVID-19 primary vaccination series is defined as the administration of a single-dose vaccine (such as the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 Vaccine) or the administration of all required doses of a multi-dose vaccine (such as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (interchangeable with the licensed Comirnaty Vaccine) or the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine).
Job SummaryThe Supervisor of Respiratory Care is responsible and accountable to ensure that the department goals and objectives are aligned with the Monument Health strategic plan. Provides leadership for the provision of high quality of care, continuity of department workflow, patient care, and safety in the department. Executes the Essential Functions of Respiratory Care in a manner that consistently provides service excellence to all customers. Manages all deparment functions, development and implementation of new services, review of policy and procedures and assist in writing of new policies.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Actively works to reduce operating expenses by improving processes, products, services, customer service and reduction in cycle time.
- Analyzes operating statement variances and provides reports to the director on a monthly basis.
- Assists employees in meeting education requirements, safety requirements mandatory training, career planning and mentoring.
- Assists with the leadership of the department by effectively managing and supervising personnel, promoting a positive, professional attitude and ensuring a high quality of care.
- Completes personnel performance appraisals according to personnel policies.
- Coordinates the unit’s quality assessment improvement program and utilizes the information to enhance the quality of patient care as evidenced by observation and documentation.
- Participates in preparation of budget as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy
Certifications - Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) National Board For Respiratory Care; Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) - South Dakota Board of Medical and Osteopathic Examiners
Membership - Member of American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
Work Experience - 3+ years Respiratory Care Experience
Education - Bachelor degree in Healthcare Related Field
Experience - 1+ years Supervisor Experience or Respiratory Clinical Specialist ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Job FamilyRespiratory Therapy
DepartmentRCH Respiratory Care
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Employee TypeRegular 10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply