If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job CategoryRevenue Cycle
Job FamilyRegistration and Scheduling
DepartmentRCH Radiology Support
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryAssists the Patient Access Department Market Manager in the direction of the daily activities of the Patient Access Department – to maintain department standards and achieve department goals. Responsible for overseeing and providing the organizational leadership and support for timely and appropriate patient arrival in the Rapid City Market. The Supervisor is also familiar with all patient access processes including scheduling, prior authorization, financial clearance, registration, identification of insurance order, insurance authorization and copayment provisions. The Supervisor provides instruction and training for caregivers in assigned area and demonstrates a caring and respectful attitude to all patients, family members, visitors, and fellow employees as defined in the Monument Health Standards of Performance.
- Insurance verification, benefits and eligibility, patient communications, prior authorization and pre-certification; assures prerequisite clinical, logistical, and financial information is obtained, and communicates effectively with patients, caregivers, and physicians.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, hospital clinics, nursing personnel, residents, etc. to optimize patient scheduling and care.
- Assesses orders and documentation required for scheduling, authorization, pre-certification and eligibility to ensure criteria are met according to payer requirements and scheduling policies.
- Supervises the management, retrieval and destruction of medical records within established guidelines.
- Assists in achieving the performance objectives of the hospital by following Revenue Cycle guidelines. Identifies and assists in tracking performance improvement initiatives.
- Monitors and records activities to meet or exceed best practice baseline Key Performance Indicators for Admissions/ Patient Access caregivers.
- Monitors employee performance, initiating informal measures to correct non-compliance or making recommendations for formal discipline.
- Approves department schedules as appropriate to provide coverage departmental operations. Adjusts staffing as necessary to meet fluctuating demands and provide necessary coverage.
- Works with subordinates individually and cumulatively to counsel, coach, motivate, delegate, and mediate activities, interactions, and processes. As necessary, applies progressive discipline in accordance with policy.
- Assists in preparation of annual performance reviews for department staff. Maintains notes of positive and negative events and addresses appropriately in a timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent in General Studies
Experience - 3+ years of Healthcare Experience; 3+ years of Supervisor Experience
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply