If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryThe Nursing Support Supervisor partners with other department leaders to ensure safe, quality care is delivered to patients. Provides direction on Nurse Aide care standards, workflows, and competencies. Works in collaboration with nurse managers, nurse clinicians, and nurse educators to hire, onboard, orient, and provide ongoing education to Nurse Aides.
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Provides daily supervision for Nurse Aide caregivers delivering care in an assigned area.
- Collaborates with manager to perform interviews, onboarding activities, and oversee the orientation of Nurse Aides. Ensures Nurse Aides are competent in required skills. Oversees the annual competency evaluations. Provides routine, ongoing development for Nurse Aides.
- Provides daily coaching and performance feedback in a positive, inspirational manner. Performs annual evaluations of caregiver performance.
- Designs standards, workflows, and checklists to optimize care delivery. Assesses the quality of care delivered to patients.
- Promotes an exceptional patient experience by role modeling and setting expectations …. Rounds on patients to assess the experience provided by the Nurse Aide caregivers.
- In collaboration with the unit nurse supervisor (CRN), plans and evaluates staffing assignments.
- Engages in self-development to build leadership skills and understand best practice in patient care delivery.
- Promotes the organization’s vision, purpose, and values daily. Understands and promotes patient centered care and relationship based care models.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
Certifications - Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) - South Dakota Board of Nursing
Work Experience - 3+ years of Patient Care Experience; 1+ years of Leadership ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Very Heavy work - exerting over 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or more than 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Job FamilyNursing Support
DepartmentRCH Heart and Vascular Unit - Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply