If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job SummaryThe right team of nurses is capable of transforming health care. Nurses at Monument Health Heart and Vascular Institute are professional, passionate ,and support one another. We are looking for a Supervisor who is inspired to foster an environment where teams work together to create a cardiovascular center of excellence and communicate ideas to accomplish the goals set to enhance patient care. Our vision at Monument Health is to be one team, to listen, to be inclusive, and to show we care. To do the right thing. Every time.
Monument Health Heart and Vascular Institute is Western South Dakota’s largest group of cardiovascular specialists and serves a five-state region. It offers a full spectrum of care including diagnostic services, cardiovascular research, and nationally accredited labs. Our physicians offer cutting edge procedures to provide the best care for our patients and the community.
As a Supervisor within the Cardiology Clinic, you will be working with interdisciplinary teams in a fast paced environment to provide general and technical supervision within the general cardiology department. We are looking for a RN who will utilize critical thinking and prioritization skills to plan, develop and organize nursing service activities in the clinic to ensure effective and efficient deliver of high quality patient care with an emphasis on patient satisfaction and safety.
Monument Health is located in an outdoor paradise surrounded by mountains, lakes and national forests. Access to outdoor activities such as hiking, kayaking, skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, boating, water skiing, fishing and so much more makes this area an ideal place to live and work! Rapid City, South Dakota has a small-town atmosphere with access to amenities such as a regional airport and a variety of shopping and dining choices year around!
Monument Health offers competitive wages and benefits on qualifying positions. Some of those benefits can include:
*Supportive work culture
*Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage
*Retirement Plans, Health Savings Account, and Flexible Spending Account
*Instant pay is available for qualifying positions
*Paid Time Off Accrual Bank
*Opportunities for growth and advancement
*Excellent pay differentials on qualifying positions (extra pay for working evening, nights or weekends)
- Assists with the leadership of the department by effectively managing and supervising nursing personnel, promoting a positive, professional attitude and high quality of care.
- Responsible for the hiring and development of nursing staff.
- Assists with completing performance appraisals as delegated.
- Evaluates quality/quantity of nursing care and recommends changes and programs to the Director.
- Consistently serves as a resource person for nursing staff, ancillary personnel, and/or community, as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Responds to Variance and Incident reports in a timely manner.
- Directs the discipline’s Performance Improvement program and continuously seeks to improve the quality of care; institutes practice changes based on evaluation; supports interdisciplinary performance quality improvement efforts to improve patient care.
- Ensures complete and accurate documentation of patient care according to established policies and standards.
- Ensures that supplies and equipment are maintained in keeping with established practices.
- Responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operation within the nursing unit to promote the delivery of quality services according to established policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Rapid City/Magnet Certified (or pursuing) Market: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. All other markets: As of October 1, 2022, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required or must be obtained in an agreed upon time frame.
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing or Wyoming Board of Nursing for Wyoming facilities
**Certification - for Cancer Care Institute position, within one year of hire Chemotherapy Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Experience - 1+ years of Supervisor Experience; 3+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
**Experience - for Cancer Care Institute position, 1+ years Medical/ Oncology Nurse ExperiencePhysical Requirements: Very Heavy work - exerting over 25 pounds of force constantly (67-100% of the time), and/or more than 50 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force occassionally (up to 33% of the time), and/or more than 100 pounds of force seldomly to move objects. Possible exposure to radiation and frequent exposure to contaminated needles and infectious body substances. Requires the ability to work designated shift lengths (including 8 and 12 hours), which may include night shifts or occasional irregular hours.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply