If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Job FamilyAcute Nursing
DepartmentMHMC-RC 5th St. Clinic Management
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job SummaryThe Nursing Supervisor provides general and technical supervision of all nursing service personnel. Plans, develops and organizes various nursing service activities in the clinic, ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of quality Healthcare. Provides direct patient care. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with the leadership of the department by effectively managing and supervising nursing personnel, promoting a positive, professional attitude and high quality of care.
- Responsible for the hiring and development of nursing staff.
- Assists with completing performance appraisals as delegated.
- Evaluates quality/quantity of nursing care and recommends changes and programs to the Director.
- Consistently serves as a resource person for nursing staff, ancillary personnel, and/or community, as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- Responds to Variance and Incident reports in a timely manner.
- Directs the discipline’s Performance Improvement program and continuously seeks to improve the quality of care; institutes practice changes based on evaluation; supports interdisciplinary performance quality improvement efforts to improve patient care.
- Ensures complete and accurate documentation of patient care according to established policies and standards.
- Ensures that supplies and equipment are maintained in keeping with established practices.
- Responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operation within the nursing unit to promote the delivery of quality services according to established policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education - Bachelors degree in Nursing
Certification - Registered Nurse (RN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing or Wyoming Board of Nursing for Wyoming facilities
**Certification - for Cancer Care Institute position, within one year of hire Chemotherapy Certification - Accredited University or accredited training professionals
Experience - 1+ years of Supervisor Experience; 3+ years of Registered Nurse Experience
**Experience - for Cancer Care Institute position, 1+ years Medical/ Oncology Nurse ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Possible exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.10 Monument Health Rapid City Hospital, Inc.
Make a difference. Every day.
Monument Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Apply